Many believe Manfredi Mineo was the boss of the Colombo family, and Salvatore D'Aquila controlled all Palermiti. We do have Salvatore Clemente naming Mineo as boss of one of the four groups in 1912, so many tend to say Mineo was boss of the pre Colombo family. I dont believe that. It is easy to say that, but from 1912-1925 is more complicated than that. I opened this thread to discuss Giuseppe Fontana, his group operated in the Bronx which had Bagheria and Villabate natives mainly, Brooklyn which had Carini and Villabate natives mainly, Manhattan which had Bagheria and Ficarazzi natives mainly, and New Jersey which had Ficarazzi and Villabate mainly.

Fact Fontana did not support the new leaders after Morello went away, and threw his support for Salvatore D'Aquila. On November 4th 1913, he was killed in East Harlem. His righthand man Giuseppe Fanara would meet the same fate later that month. From 1913-1914, there was a war. Thoughts?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green