Originally Posted by VitoCahill
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...es-saisies-de-cocaine-sans-precedent.php

an interesting read about the ever changing cocaine business. a new name revealed of jesse wiseman linked to erasmo crivello. crivello is again mentioned as a cocaine importer. crivello is not mentioned as having any link to marco pizzi. in the past the 2 have been linked together.

When they say importers.....do they actually mean wholesalers?

You arnt an importer if you are paying 20k plus for a kilo. That's a wholesale price..no? With that 27 - 40k, 50k range being the resale price to distributors?

I remember Scoppa talking about paying 40k a kilo. Making 2k a kilo, on the resale for 42k. That is NOT an importer, unless I'm super out of touch with prices. You got the contacts to reach into South America its gotta be under 6k a kilo. In Mexico, or the DR, it's historically been about 10k a kilo.
This is why I see the Violis as major players, the Colombian connections.

With the Mexicans present in Canada now, the only way I see you get around them is a direct line to South America. I don't think the Caruanas- Cuntreras still have those favorable contacts, I believe the Bonnanos interest in the Violis lies in these contacts. The Ndrangheta guys with the Mexican connects, unless I'm mistaken, were expelled from the Toronto Crimine, and, maybe, POSSIBLY, replaced by the seemingly more subservient Bonvonta clan.

I don't think the mafia are still the power in the drug business. A POWER. But no longer, THE POWER.