'Nabil B. lied a lot during the Marengo trial' (UPDATE)
July 6, 2023

Marengo suspect Saïd Razzouki denies ever ordering anyone to be killed. He stated this on Thursday morning in the conclusion of his case before the court in Amsterdam. That writes De Telegraaf.

Razzouki was given the last word on Thursday in the finalization of his case. According to court reporter Saskia Belleman, he did so 'stuttering', because he would not have a good command of Dutch. His lawyers had written down his last statement. "I never ordered anyone killed or paid money to kill anyone."

According to the Public Prosecution Service, Razzouki was the right hand of main suspect Ridouan Taghi, but he denied this in court. "I have nothing to do with Mr. Taghi."

According to Razzouki, key witness Nabil B. "lied a lot" during the trial. Razzouki says he doesn't know B. well. 'I didn't even know his last name. In the period that he claims to have met me, I was in Spain', De Telegraaf notes.

The 50-year-old Razzouki thought that the judges were on the side of the star witness, which made it "no point" for him to ask questions. If convicted he will be sentenced to life in prison for involvement in multiple murders and attempted murder.

Het Parool will also report on the session on Thursday . Razzouki had prepared two pages as his last word, the Amsterdam newspaper saw: 'After he had recited that, he came up with all kinds of accusations against the crown witness, also to the visible surprise of his lawyers Mark Dunsbergen and Robert van 't Land .'

According to Razzouki, the key witness wanted him to put his brother in contact with prime suspect Ridouan Taghi, so that they could get involved in drugs together. 'I didn't do that, but maybe the key witness thinks that Taghi didn't want to have contact with him and that's why he's angry with Taghi. Maybe that's why he made those statements.'

On the first day of his hearing in the 2021 Marengo trial, Razzouki was emotional and difficult to follow. It was striking when key witness B. said that Saïd Razzouki was mainly involved in drug trafficking and not in murders.

Last edited by Hollander; 07/06/23 12:23 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"