Dead Hague shooting last year also shot in Rotterdam
June 24, 3:26 PM

2 minutes reading time

A 41-year-old man who was injured in a shooting in Rotterdam-Zevenkamp last year was shot dead in his car in The Hague on Friday evening. In July last year, the man was also shot in his car, but was only injured on his foot. "I think that the shooter from then did not get his money and now had to complete the job," his brother Ibrahim tells Omroep West.
A local resident saw everything happen, he tells Omroep West on Saturday . "A motorcycle came with a white license plate. The man in the car was hit. The motorcycle cut him off. Then three shots were fired and they took off." It is believed that two different shooters fired. The emergency services rushed to the scene, but could no longer do anything for Murat, who had been shot. He died on the spot from his injuries.
A brother and Murat's father take a look at Wenckebachstraat in The Hague the day after the shooting. "I didn't sleep all night," said the victim's father. "My father wants more information, but he doesn't get it," adds his youngest son Ibrahim. "That's why we're here."
The family suspects that this is a settlement due to a quarrel over money and that the order was given from Turkey. "We already filed a report in January because my son is in danger," says his father. "He was threatened, we were threatened." But the police would not have taken any action.
Complete job
Almost a year ago, Murat aan de Dieze in Rotterdam-Zevenkamp was also shot from a car. Murat himself was also in his car at the time, but survived the shooting despite the many bullets. "In Rotterdam, on July 16. But my brother was hit in the foot and survived," says Ibrahim.
This time Murat was not so lucky. After the fatal shooting in The Hague, the police immediately started a major investigation. Multiple units were deployed to find the perpetrators. Despite the massive effort, the suspects have not yet been found.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"