In the book it says in 2011 and 2012, police informants identified Scoppa as
the trafficker who “controlled” the drug trade in Laval and Montreal’s Park Extension, Villeray, Saint-Michel and Saint Laurent neighbourhoods. By the mid to late 2010s this probably had changed due to all the instability in Montreal.

Maybe saying Andrew Scoppa didn't have a crew is improper because obviously someone who has as much as he did going on had guys working for him. What I meant was I don't think he had a close circle of guys around him except for Nicola Valiante and Fazio Malatesta. There's Steve Ovadia who was described as Andrew Scoppa's right hand man but he's dead so not worth bringing up and you have Joseph Chamai who has come up in police reports of a boss of Lebanese organized crime in Laval and Saint Laurent. Joseph Chamai might have been close to Andrew Scoppa and maybe worked for him but I don't know if I'd say he was part of his crew or close circle. Andrew Scoppa was said to be close with the Lebanese most likely referring to Joseph Chamai and the Greeks in Parc extension that I don't know who that refers to.

Not sure how conjoined Sal and Andrew Scoppa were and the book didn't help shine any light on this. They both did their own but Andrew Scoppa looked more like a leader while Sal Scoppa was more like an enforcer doing hits for Stefano Sollecito throughout the 2010s until he decided he wanted to take over. That police informant who was the hitman for Sal Scoppa kept saying Andrew and Vittorio Mirarchi were involved but nothing linked them to it but there are photos of Jonathan Massari and Andrew Scoppa in the summer of 2016. It sounded like Jonathan Massari started working for Vittorio Mirarchi after Sal Scoppa screwed him out of his pay for hits. Could be they were aligned more than people thought. Maybe Andrew felt he had to because at the end of the day that's still his brother and he was the one with the real clout.

Last edited by Mafia101; 06/28/23 11:48 AM.