I think Robert is actually smarter than what I thought he was. He has the upper hand now that the Italians are killing each other. He didn't need Del Balso once Barletta agreed to join him; he has experience in handling the gambling in Ontario. Barletta is has ties to the Ndrangheta. Which brings a new dimension in all of this. Also don't forget Robert accepted Montreal mafia defectors in his crew which doesn't make him likeable to rivals. I believe he is getting advice from Sergio Piccirilli (who also has connection in Toronto ). How all this is going to unfold is unknown for now; but eventually they will have to sit down at a table and end this once and for all.

Moreno Gallo had the book at one point.

The closest description I found of this book is mentioned in the Business or Blood book, which reads as follows:

"Gallo had run Platinum for Vito. A gambler’s file was made up of significant financial records, such as mortgages and banking information. It also included the names and addresses of a gambler’s parents and other close relatives. This information would be carefully studied before the operators of a sports book determined how much, if any, credit he could be granted. The information also let the sports book operators know where to go calling if a gambler couldn’t make good on debts. That degree of financial diligence could be overlooked if the prospective gambler was related to someone of interest, such as a professional athlete. In those cases, inside information is better for the gambler to run up a major debt, so that the book’s operators could suggest to the athlete that all would be forgiven in exchange for the fixing of a game or the provision on the team."

What puzzles me is what stops the handlers of this book from making copies.
Furthermore and also puzzling, is that there was an informant that mentioned Casale acted as a leader in Mirarchi's group to collect on loans and sports bets.
Are there several clans using this network ?

Last edited by Ciment; 06/22/23 09:07 AM.