THE FLASH

This film finally sees the light of day to the general public! Ezra Miller stars as Barry Allen, the speedster who lost both his mother and father due to the same tragic accident (his mother was murdered and his father was framed for it). In an attempt to save his parents, Barry stumbles upon his ability to travel into other universes; however, as we have always been warned, changing events of the past will always necessitate with future events being altered as well (aka The Butterfly Effect). I'll begin by saying I'm glad Warner Bros. decided to release this film and didn't can it as it was an enjoyable ride. Some of the jokes fell flat but there's plenty of Easter eggs and geek moments that make up for it. In addition, the film brings Michael Keaton back as Batman who has a very sizeable role here which was refreshing. Not just the 1 or 2 scene cameos. It also introduces a new Supergirl (Sasha Calle) and the return of Michael Shannon as General Zod. Both Supergirl and Zod are relegated to the third act and don't have much screen time but this film has a lot of heart and pulls at the audiences heartstrings a few times throughout. However, some of the build up in the story seemed to be going in circles and was quite repetitive. Not withstanding, the film is a solid entry for DC, one of their best offerings and if the powers that be green light a sequel, I'd very much be interested. Just go in with tempered expectations. A good movie? Yes. A great movie? Somewhat debatable. One of the best superhero movies of all-time? Hype. 7/10