Originally Posted by Irishman12
MASTER GARDENER

From writer/director Paul Schrader, Joel Edgerton stars as Narvel Roth, a gardener who works at Gracewood Gardens which is owned by Norma Haverhill (Sigourney Weaver). However, when Norma's sister dies, her grandniece Myra (Quintessa Swindell) comes to live with her and become an apprentice under Narvel. But, Narvel has a dark past that catches up with him as he grows further away from Norma and closer to young Myra. At times, this film gave me vibes of Nicolas Winding Refn's DRIVE, where Narvel looks to protect a young and vulnerable woman by taking the law into his own hands without fear of repercussions (although without as good of a soundtrack). Norma and Narvel have a complicated and at times, fraught relationship. There scenes together are a pleasure to watch as they seem to want to outdo the other. I was also impressed with Swindell who plays the troubled young woman, allowing herself to be vulnerable and for a moment, a victim yet finding her strength before all's said and done. The film is tight and watchable, although like so many others, tries to be more than what it is. 6/10

Wife is looking forward to this , I’m sure i will catch it with her and post back on it.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.