Originally Posted by VitoCahill
an attempt to answer a few questions posed above/previous.

-it would appear the working theory is that del balso was setup/sacrificed by HA to appease the rizzuto/sollecito faction. payment of $250 000 was made in cocaine allegedly? making it about 5 kg's worth i guess. if indeed the HA were behind this there can be no retaliation expected. if a truce was made and the cost was del balso all other scenarios can be discarded. the fly in the ointment is gone...back to business.

-i can see all this decreasing robert/plouffes power and influence and possibly causing perhaps pietrantonio or others to migrate back to the MAFIA.

-i dont think any of this has anything to do with mirarchi at all. del balsos murder could open up more sports gambling for mirarchi and his cell. business as usual for him and his i would think.

-the spryfield mob or what remains of it has NO/ZERO power or influence in mtl. if this group still exists it is in the east coast/maritime prison system. the majority of this mob are in jail. i cant even find any good proof that any of these members ever set foot in mtl proper. considering how del balsos life ended, if desjardins has been afforded the same type of "protection" from robert/plouffe i would be worried if i were him.

I am more inclined to believe that Del Balso was set up by Martin but his protection with regards to defectors, that he has welcomed in his clan, is now questionable. That is why Pietrantonio's name comes up. The Rizzuto clan has been systematically eliminating any one that was disloyal to them or aligned with their rivals. Mirarchi and Desjardins had orginally aligned themselves with Montagna, a rival, but later parted ways. Will the Rizzuto clan look the other way and not seek retribution, I think not , but time will tell. If on the other hand, Martin did not set Del Balso up; then this may cause further friction between Rizzuto and Martin.

Last edited by Ciment; 06/06/23 06:23 PM.