I understand, although Gotti’s neighbor wasn’t a relative with mental health issues. I agree that ‘70s-style (or even early 2000s-style) mob violence won’t come back. And that’s a good thing. For civilians and for wiseguys.

I had a nice exchange with NYMafia and Giacalone in a different thread (the one on the recent LaForte bust) about the different approach the NY American LCN has taken concerning murders, street guys/hitters, the new generation, etc, and how that’s not necessarily a sign of weakness…but I won’t derail this thread…

Originally Posted by SonnyfromPeoria
Benny Geritano for sure....who was he on record with?....i remember when he tried to push around Mark Iacono from Lucalis....Mark is a good guy.....didnt Geritano sleep wit the prosecutor in his case and got it tossed or something like that

He was dumb enough to threaten his own lawyer while incarcerated for the Lucali’s stabbing and got an additional 5 or 6 years. I don’t know who was he on the record with.

As for other “old school hitters” (as in murder or capable of doing it) I’d also add Vincent Urgitano, Dom Grande and a few Bonanno and Lukes crazies that were reportedly ready to do some action as recently as 2015-17, don’t know their names. Also Philly’s Mazzones. Recent court documents mentioned Steve Mazzone planning to have a local drug dealer kidnapped by some of his closest guys. It’s not murder per se but it’s still a very serious offense.

If violence will be limited to the regular beatings, stabbings, vandalism then even the term “hitter” will get a new meaning. If it hasn’t already.

The newer type of hitter could be guys like Anthony Silvestro (Colombo associate on the record with Scorcia) who tirelessly and successfully went after an independent shylock a few years back. Stalked him out, and eventually broke into his place and made him change his mind.