Yes NY I agree…although I was a bit redundant I admit.

I don’t consider the present-day state of the American LCN as weak weak. Unquestionably downsized compared to generations ago, yes absolutely, but, (All. Things. Considered) I’m stunned by how active, resilient, eclectic they all are *considering* how much and for how long they’ve been hit.

Also, they are all based in the most surveilled and law-enforced area of the nation (second to DC maybe). Perhaps even of the whole Western world (save for London).

It’s easier to be a Vito Rizzuto when you are active in a nation (Canada) with outdated mafia laws and a more incompetent and corrupted police force (Quebec).

It’s easier to get away with violent crimes, assaults, arson, bombings, murder if you were active before CCTV, environmental wire-taping, satellite locational technology.

It’s easier not to rat when you weren’t facing hard time for regular mob stuff due to Rico.

Those old time mafiosi we all watch movies about wouldn’t last ONE MONTH in today’s underworld unless they’d wise up and act accordingly to the times.

Which is what smart people (not just criminals or mobsters) do.