Originally Posted by dixiemafia
I was about to say I thought D’Adamo was a drug guy, but my memory sucks!

Speaking of the Scoppa book, we got a thread on that? I finally got it and read it and wanted to talk about it

D'Adamo is a drug dealer and has close ties with both the Mafia clan and the Irish west end gang. The Gang of the West no longer exists, police say, but traditional Irish organized crime still has a successor. Although weakened, it is still present in the southwest of the island of Montreal and still controls certain criminal activities in the port, according to our sources. LaSalle recently had it's share of arson atttacks. D'Adamo's associate was killed in Lasalle about fifteen months ago, Mario Macri was the brother of Domenico Macri who was also killed. Since Scoppa's murder there have been several attacks on mafia associates, attempted murder and killings. According LaPresse police sources, DelBalso attempted coup on Rizzuto, had the backing of Martin HA. I doubt it that Martin would of acted alone without discussing it with his HA associates.
What we do know is of one defector from the Mafia clan "DelBalso" ; with regards to Barberio and PIzzi we know they meet and seem to have close ties with Martin but we do not know for sure whether they have crossed the line. If they did it doesn't look good for Rizzuto and we don't know if others will follow. Now it remains to be seen if the Mafia clan will retaliate by attacking HA. The Mafia clan will need lots of soldiers or able bodies to sustain such a war. I think they will favor for a settlement.

With regards to Mirarchi the following LaPresse paragraph says it all.

La presse Nov.23,2019

Vittorio is suspicious. In the weeks following his release, he reportedly owned no cellphones. Vittorio Mirarchi, 41, is surrounded by a close guard whose loyalty is unfailing. The recent marriages of two of his relatives have demonstrated that it will be difficult to put the knife in the oyster of his organization. During the Clemenza investigation, in which the RCMP attacked emerging mob clans in 2011, investigators amassed evidence that the clan was involved in the large-scale importation of cocaine, but Mirarchi was never charged with such crimes. According to our information, the clan would control some of the illegal sports betting in Montreal. The group is currently quite independent of other mafia clans and bikers, but has strong support from a mafia family in Ontario.

Last edited by Ciment; 05/22/23 07:56 AM.