i will give a different take here than on the other thread and it has to do with a post above by blackmobs. i wont go back on my claim where i dont think iacono was a female mafia leader or "godmother" of any kind. but what if this murder has no connection to the mafia in mtl at all? as i stated previous the gallo family has been consistently under attack since murder of moreno gallo. presumably from one or several mafia/OC groups in mtl. the sons anthony and moreno jr. have no criminal record, have been linked to no specific influential member or group denoting protection. what if this family through desperation got mixed up with another OC group for protection? perhaps a cartel? there is no precedent in mtl for murdering women i think we can all agree on that. one case against tony magis wife in 2011. but she survived in what was most likely a mistake. cartels however do not have a rule book (i would also argue the mafia has none either). now before everyone gets excited like last time i dared to blame a mexican cartel for a possible murder in mtl...this is just a theory. i will name not these sacred cartels that we cannot blame for anything even in speculation or hypothesis.

we can agree that mexican cartels have a presence in both ontario and quebec. not every group in mtl gets all there drugs from the same HA/MAFIA source. most comes up through ontario after crossing u.s. border in a semi truck. i digress.

if through some act of desperation this family were involved in even financing a load of drugs and that load was seized, as many have been lately who would they turn to in the melieu for protection? after years of being persona non grata.

i repeat just a theory, hypothesis.