demaria strikes me as a criminal who has upset many different groups along the way. the torching of his bakery could be related to internal conflict amongst 'ndrine in toronto around the same time. remember that when carmine verduci was murdered everyone was quick to attach his death to the overall war going on in mtl. this turned out to be completely false. verduci was murdered over a gambling dispute with the figliomeni 'ndrine. verducis murder and his being calabrian had nothing to do with the MTL MAFIA. calabrian on calabrian crime. could the same be said for the bombing of demarias bakery. no one yet has been able to explain either who demaria works for or if he runs his own 'ndrine. also there is no proof of demarias involvement in any facet of the numerous different wars that have occured in mtl. not one murder, attempt, shooting, arson etc. has led back to this man. a tacit vague connection is nicolas cortese but what has become of mr. cortese? to my knowledge he is still alive. salvatore calautti was murdered but for reasons unknown. calautti upset numerous people because of gambling debts and general poor behavior and would not show up anywhere as being an allie of the rizzutos. however nothing has come to light at the time of his 2013 murder or since.

i will be the first to say that my suspicions were that demaria was backing a group against rizzutos. it is easy to fall into the sicilian vs. calabrian feud pushed by the media.