Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by Irishman12
THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE

After the debacle of SUPER MARIO BROS. (1993), I wasn't sure if I wanted this to be animated or live action? Live action is great but you have more freedom in animation. After watching this, it didn't matter to me because I'm just SO happy they hit it out of the park. So many references and it's oozing with Easter eggs throughout. Originally I was a little upset that Luigi was the one being captured and not Peach (for original storyline accuracy's sake) but looking back, I'm glad they didn't relegate Peach to that role as Anya Taylor-Joy who voices Peach is a delight. This is easily one of my favorite video game movies as the team and studio finally got it right. It's fun, for all ages, doesn't overstay it's welcome, and left me wanting more (which I'm already eagerly anticipating a sequel). If you've ever loved any of the Mario games, you're going to love this film! 8.5/10

Thanks Irish, to me the first Mario Bros game on the NES is the best all-time video game.

My favorite is Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for the NES. Really hope they make that into a movie next but I know it'll just be Punch-Out and not Mike Tyson's. I think they should pony up the money and include Mike!