Originally Posted by Hollander
Top criminal lawyer Inez Weski (68) was arrested on Friday. She is suspected of passing on information from her client Ridouan Taghi from the Extra Secure Institution (EBI) in Vught to the outside world. That writes De Telegraaf.

Weski would have been arrested in Rotterdam. She is locked in and is being interrogated.

The investigation of the Public Prosecution Service into Weski has been going on for some time and was started in response to decrypted messages from PGP telephones, which, according to the judiciary, show that she may have passed on information from Ridouan Taghi to relatives of Taghi.

The Public Prosecution Service has informed the Dean of the Bar Association of Weski's arrest.

When asked about the latest news, Van den Heuvel says that conversations of criminals who spoke about Weski have been tapped or deciphered. And he again mentions that she is suspected of participating in a criminal organization . “Read: the organization of Ridouan Taghi. And that further indicates the seriousness of the suspicions, because then you are not only a conduit, but you are also really part of that organization.”

Deciphering certain messages has revealed incriminating information about her role. “It shows that she has gone much further – whether or not out of necessity, whether or not under pressure – than what can be expected of a lawyer.”

The crime journalist also says about this possible coercion that other stories also substantiate that Weski was under great pressure from the criminal organization. “That she was actually forced to take steps that she actually didn't want to take at all. And then the story keeps coming that family members, even her son Guy Weski, who is also a lawyer, might even count as some kind of commitment to that criminal organization. If she did not do as instructed, her son or other relatives would be in danger.”

Is that speculative? “I have not seen anything about that in the file, but I have heard a few things about it, and with me also a number of other people,” says Van den Heuvel. He also fears that Weski is not the only lawyer who "feels forced to cooperate with a criminal club".

"The king is dead, long live the king!"