Nigerian mafia in Turin, the pentito: "Enlisted in a barrel while I asked for help on the residence permit"(handle)
The Mobile investigation, a man speaks: "I was hoping for help with the documents: they blindfolded us and beat us for three quarters of an hour"

“I became an Eiye because a friend of mine tricked me. When my residence permit expired he took me to an acquaintance of his who said he would help me. I was forced to join. Hardly anyone does it voluntarily because it is known that it is very dangerous". These are the words of a repentant, a former bigwig of the Turin cell of the Eiye, a cult of the Nigerian mafia. The man has become a key witness in the latest investigation coordinated by the Turin prosecutor's office, which led the court investigating judge to issue 16 precautionary custody measures in prison for mafia association. The lawyers Manuel Perga, Nadia Garis and Antonio Bernardo are part of the defense team of the arrested. The investigations were conducted by the mobile team of the police station documenting the brutal violence of the clan, the bloody rites of affiliation,
«That day I arrived in corso Giulio Cesare, almost at the corner with via Feletto, and I found many Nigerians, only men - continues the super witness - They blindfolded us with a piece of cloth and started beating us with sticks, continuously for 30 -45 minutes - Then a voice said to stop, they took off our blindfolds, but they told us to keep our eyes closed and they made me swear to become a member of the supreme Eiye brotherhood and keep its secrets until I die». One cannot leave the cult unless dead, is the same formula used by another pentito heard as a witness in one of the trials that in the last six years have tried to stop the action of the Nigerian mafia in Turin. The cell is nationally known and recognized by the Aviary, the "aviary" in the jargon of the clan, i.e. the heart of the Nigeria-based organization. Turin is a city that appeals to those who want to make a career in the clan and raises rivalries when a new boss has to be appointed: In Turin, the heads of the other Piedmontese provinces are decided, such as Asti and Vercelli, where the "Nests" have too few affiliates to have weight. Those who have a role, such as the master of ceremonies who take care of affiliations, live protected by three bodyguards.
"The organization is based on lies and deception - adds the former boss - They say they are a charitable organization capable of providing anyone with a home, work and protection". In exchange they demand obedience and money: «The money was collected in the meetings but if the Ebaka (the head) was very active, it was he who went around to get the money. Prostitutes controlled by the organization who didn't earn enough were threatened, those who didn't pay were beaten. I didn't have a job and therefore I didn't have any money to pay». What was the money for? No Eiye is rich in Italy. "We all send money to Nigeria and live almost in poverty." Turin's income finances - according to the witness - the wars between rival clans in Nigeria.