Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by Evita

Mystery why he had the money brought over after he witnessed the rebels can win and he just wanna -- just wanna wait

Not very logical--the risk would have been enormous.

I posted on this a long time ago. One possibility is that Michael needed to keep stringing Roth along with the promise of the $2 million until he found out who was the traitor. As he told Pentangeli, he needed Roth relaxed, confident that their relationship was still good. Having the $2 million brought to Havana was one way to keep that going
It seems to me, Michael had tipped his hand to Roth that their relationship was not still good?
1. by not bringing the $2 million with him
2. then not handing over the bag full of money Fredo brought

Originally Posted by Capri
how he think he'll be able to find out who the traitor in my family was in Havana
Why did Michael think the key, to finding out - who was the traitor in his family - was in Havana

Superman excitement! dialogue
Geary: Hey, Freddie -- Freddie, where did you find this place?
Fredo: Johnny Ola told me about this place He brought me here I didn't believe him -- but seein' is believin', huh?
Michael glances over at Fredo
Judge Demalco: I see it and I still don't believe it!
Fredo: Fifty bucks, Pat. Old Man Roth would never come here but Old Man Johnny knows these places like the back of his hand Now watch him -- he's gonna break a cracker with it!
Had Fredo met Roth?
Geary: Break a cracker -- I want to see him break a brick
Michael turns and signals to his Bodyguard then turns back He looks at the floor and then covers his face with his hand
He is in great pain realizing that Fredo is the Family traitor

If
  • Fredo didn't get roped in, to come to Havana to bring the $2 million
  • Geary hadn't asked Fredo “where did you find this place?”
  • Fredo wasn't so taken up with Superman's....! [Cazale's superb acting – Fredo's face wow!]
  • thus Fredo had not revealed himself as the traitor in the family

Then what?!