EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

When I originally saw the trailer, it had no affect on me and my level of interest was zero. However, after their big night at the Oscars, I decided to give it a shot to see what all the praise was about and I've gotta be honest, I don't understand it? I don't see what's so great about the film. Yes, it is somewhat funny with a heartwarming story that unfolds; however, about 45-60 minutes into it, I was already done. You're not supposed to say the quiet part loud but I'm going to: this won at the Oscars for one reason and one reason only, DEI. It's an average film at best that won due to weak competition or films that were overlooked that should have easily won but were snubbed for Best Picture and Best Director (and yes, I'm talking about THE WHALE and Darren Aronofsky). Within a year this film will be forgotten. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy Laurie Strode won an Oscar (surprised in fact as the buzz heading in was Angela Bassett would win), as well as Ke Huy Quen who will always have a special place in my heart like so many others for Data and Short Round. Finally, isn't it cultural appropriation for Daniel Scheinert to direct basically an all Asian cast? Just asking. 5.5/10