Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Nice, enjoy H.

I wish I had one…. Off beer for lent, do it every year.

I get dispensation for St. Patricks DAY and have a good line up of Irish Brew ready for the day, Guinness, Harp and Smitwicks.

Smithwicks...the 1rst Irish brew I ever had..when I was 14 IN Ireland,,& it was my mother who snuck it 2 me @ night at the B&B across the road from the pub where all the grownup relatives were partying ...she told my old man she had go & check up on me & somehow smuggled it ...never forget that summer of '77.

What a great story Hood, love it…keep em comin.

Originally Posted by Signor Vitelli
Ahhh... Smithwick's.

One of my go-to beers, particularly if I'm enjoying it in an Irish pub. Too much Guinness can give me reflux (in my sleep), so Smithwick's is a good alternative.

A little thread drift here: The other day we enjoyed our annual St. Patrick's Day For All parade just around the corner from where we live, and we then repaired to one of our many local Irish pubs where they had delicious (and free!) corned beef and cabbage with potatoes so the Missus and I hoisted a few with some friends she met up with and went home definitely happy. (Yes, I know, it really should be boiled bacon but I'm not going to get into that argument!)

Since the wife is out of town on business, I cooked up some Irish Comfort Food for myself tonight - Dublin Coddle - and I'm now relaxing with some Jameson and ginger ale and listening to some Luke Kelly music. No more beer - finished it all earlier - so my apologies for the thread drift. I'm definitely in a good place.

Signor V.

You Sir are living Large…… Enjoy,

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.