It's not impossible but Montreal is made up of a bunch of different Mafia cells that cooperate together but also do their own thing. Sometimes their activities don't align with other cells and eventually violence will occur over it. There's two dominant groups that are the common denominators in all the violence Montreal has seen. Vittorio Mirarchi and the Rizzutos. From 2009-2011 Vittorio Mirarchi was in the center of it working under/with Raynald Desjardins trying to take out the Rizzutos. Then in 2016-2019 we saw Sal and Andrea Scoppa try to take over leadership from Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito and a hitman working for them who turned informant said Vittorio Mirarchi was behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Even though we have seen periods of peace like we currently are seeing I think if Montreal wishes to achieve long term peace the Rizzutos or Vittorio Mirarchi must go. Either a long prison sentence or taken out. Those are the only two options I see but in my opinion Vittorio Mirarchi is the one that has to go. The Rizzutos are too entrenched in Montreal just look at how hard they were hit in 2009-2011 and how well they recovered. They aren't at the height they once were but they are considered the strongest group again. If Vittorio Mirarchi went away for a long time or was taken out I don't think another strong leader would emerge out of his group or have the same ambitions as Vittorio Mirarchi does. I could see his group even splinter off into other groups or into their own little groups.

We have yet to see if Raynald Desjardins is willing to reignite the feud since his release. But he's a dead man walking either way.