COCAINE BEAR

Loosely based on a true story in Kentucky of a bear ingesting cocaine in 1982. The film takes place in Georgia in 1985 and follows 2 different story lines amongst the characters who all cross paths with the hopped up bear: a mother (Keri Russell) with the help of Ranger Liz (Margo Martindale) and Peter (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) attempting to find Russell's daughter Dee Dee (Brooklynn Prince) and her friend Henry (Christian Convery) who are lost in the woods and on the run from the bear; a drug dealers (Ray Liotta's) son Eddie (Alden Ehrenreich) and his accomplice Daveed (O'Shea Jackson Jr.) who go hunting through the woods, attempting to recover as much of their cocaine as they can before the bear continues to hit it while being followed by a Tennessee policeman Bob (Isiah Whitlock Jr.). The film is a lot of fun and the name is enough to get anyone to pause on it for a second; however, I was slightly disappointed as most of the laughs were included in the trailer outside of a few cheapies in the film. Also, the story branches out more than necessary with an influx of characters. This should not have been this difficult as it's a straightforward story not a Shakespearian play. Regardless, the premise is so outlandish and unbelievable it's begging audiences to take a chance on it and if you do, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Rumors are a sequel is already being thought out with the story being a shark being coked up; but it'll obviously depend upon how well this is received at the box office before a sequel will be greenlit. If one is given the go ahead, I'll be there as well! 6.5/10