ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA

The third and possibly final solo Ant-Man film also kicks off Marvel's Phase Five and by now, I'm glad the little guy has his chance to shine as he is an overlooked character. The stakes are high on this film as Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), his daughter Cassie (played by newcomer Kathryn Newton), Hope Van Dyne (Evangline Lilly), and her parents Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer) are all transported to the Quantum Realm. Broken off into 2 factions upon their arrival (Scott/Cassie and Hope/Hank/Janet), they attempt to find each other but while doing so, learn about Janet's previous experience in the Quantum Realm, as well as cross paths with Marvel's newest big baddie Kang the Conqueror (played deliciously by Johnathan Majors). Visually the film is almost a Star Wars/Marvel crossover. A simple enough story about family and a father who'll stop at nothing to protect his daughter. Majors here is the brightest shinning star, which is quite the compliment considering the rest of the A-list talent he's sharing the screen with. He's a devil in disguise: enormously powerful but he's seductive with his soft spoken manner. I'm very much anticipating how he continues his journey through phases 5 & 6 but brilliant casting on this one. Maybe the best Ant-Man of the trilogy (honestly it's been a while since I've seen the first 2) and my only knock was the final battle between the family and Kang as a few times it became too much visually. 6.5/10