Andrea Mantella , a key repentant in the reconstruction of the activities of the 'Ndrangheta in the Vibonese area, speaks of the initiations in prison of several people.

The pentito reports «the episode in which, during a period of detention in Vibo Valentia, the dowry of the “sgarro” was conferred on a certain “Muggeri” (understood Salvatore Muggeri) from Tropea (or, more correctly, a native of Tropea); in fact, in the juncture, Antonio La Rosa (alias "Ciondolino"), present at the ceremony, proposed to include Diego Mancuso in the copy as a sign of respect». According to what was reported in the interrogation, the initiative would have been "reported also to "Addecu" himself, given that - in recalling the event during the joint detention in Viterbo - Mantella had to verify that the interlocutor was already aware of the affair ». Same prison, Viterbo, another initiation rite. "It would have been Diego himself who - in that period - gave a prisoner of Sinopoli a dowry of 'Ndrangheta ". These are Mantella's words on the episode: «I remember that during the common detention in Viterbo we conferred the dowry of the "saint" on a subject from Sinopoli, in prison for murder, whose name I don't remember (perhaps Carmine). This gentleman insistently asked Diego Mancuso to recognize this increase in his dowry, since he had to do a lot of prison. Diego Mancuso took a liking to him and decided to give him the "saint" . In addition to the person concerned, I, Diego Mancuso and a certain Vincenzo Loielo (who also seems to me to have collaborated with the justice) were present at the ceremony, who being "favellato" recited the ritual formulas himself. I also know that before my arrival there in prison, Diego Mancuso had also conferred the dowry of the cheat on a certain Francesco Pesce of Rosarno , as the interested parties themselves (Mancuso and Pesce) told me».

https://www.corrieredellacalabria.i...i-raccomando-una-ditta-di-cui-era-socio/

Last edited by Hollander; 02/14/23 01:58 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"