Ten to one -- ten to one shot we said -- ten to one shot that the drapes were closed when Kay retired for the night

Whilst Michael owes! his life to that monkey of open drapes....

If my memory serves me right, Kay was already in bed when Michael comes in, looks at the drawing Anthony had left for Michael on the pillow, talks to Kay who was at this stage facing the window, moves towards and stands by the window - Michael's silhouette making an easy, perfect target

All the above seemingly happening over quite sometime before Kay's "Michael Why are the drapes open?"
If neither Michael nor Kay noticed! the drapes being open all this while, it throws our 'theory' the drapes were closed when Kay retired for the night - out of whack....

I now believe, it was -- Kay! all along....
Johnny Ola bumped into me in Beverly Hills -- and he said that he wanted to talk -- and that there was something in it for me [I'd be free of this abortion of my marriage!] if I'd help 'em out [opening the drapes!]

If they could get this little help -- it'd be good for me that I can take my children and move 'em all to New Hampshire
I won't be deprived of anything and I can have everything I want

Oh, Michael? Won't see him no more....