Originally Posted by The Last Woltz
I know the fun of these boards is to engage in speculation about things we don't see on screen but at least the speculation is usually grounded in things we do.

We don't see who opens the drapes but some of the posters here have made the assumption that Fredo did and have built all kinds of theories on that nonfactual foundation. Many of the posts here, as Don Lucchesi would say, are built on mud.

You can't credibly argue that Fredo knew it was a hit or was promised the Donship or anything else if your primary piece of evidence is "Well, he opened the drapes." Because you don't know that he did.

Pete has a very lucid post about an alternative theory (which I happen to agree with). He's been dismissed and shouted down.

I support the argument that it was likely one of the extra security men that was brought in to the party. It's certainly reasonable to think that security would have access to the bedrooms. Seems silly that they would be forbidden from inspecting the house prior to Michael's return.

Another point in favor of the traitor being a muscle guy is that it also provides an answer to the other big question from that scene: Who killed the assassins?

Unless we're going to say that the Fredo of GFII was not only "cunning and devious" but also an accomplished killer, there being a different inside man from Rocco's crew seems much more likely.

I reckon a pretty good case could be made, for and against Definitely one of the most debatable topics here over the years Still is

Exactly Woltz it is all assumptions -- uh -- Everything and each of us build our theories based around our assumptions because we don't see on screen and the same basis applies to both sides of the debate -- for and against

True We don't see who opens the drapes and we don't see who did not open the drapes either

So if some of the posters here have made the assumption that Fredo did and have built all kinds of theories on that nonfactual foundation, the counter debates are no different either as to the other posters who made the assumption that Fredo did not and have built all kinds of theories on that nonfactual foundation.

But to say Many of the posts here, as Don Lucchesi would say, are built on mud. dismissed and shouted down. -- to coin a phrase, is not the act of a Godfather friend

True we can't credibly argue that Fredo knew or not it was a hit or was promised the Donship or anything else or not on "Well, he opened the drapes." or "Well, he did not open the drapes." Because if we don't know that he did, you don't know that he did not either

Everyone's assumptions and their nonfactual theories is valid to them usually grounded in things for and against as they see fit

I reckon everyone's interpretations / speculations are worth considering in the spirit of the Board and whether we are receptive or not, their views are valid to them just as yours is to you

It is everyone's prerogative to engage in speculation about things we don't see on screen and we are still debating half a century on because perhaps no interpretations / speculations are wholly accurate or inaccurate....

Look -- we are all reasonable Godfather fans here; We are here because of our love of these movies Every one of us
Let's keep enjoying the fun of these boards, our Godfather melting pot of riveting perspective and spirited discussions without trying to invalidate and muddy Many of the posts here

We all draw the water from the same well after all -- we are not Fredo haters.