Originally Posted by mustachepete

6. What everyone knows about the Senate hearing is one of the most curious questions in GF2. We know the Senate lawyer Questadt was right behind Roth in Havana, in Michael's direct line of sight. Why? We don't know.

Years ago, an alert poster spotted Questadt in that scene--I don't think anyone else had posted on that before. Then another poster turned up an earlier script treatment in which Michael was supposed to meet with Questadt in Havana; it was abandoned (jthere must be dozens of jettisoned treatments somewhere, along with heaven knows how many thousands of feet of film). My guess is that FFC was working from the earlier script when he included Questadt in the scene. All of the Hanvana scenes were filmed in the Dominican Republic. But, after he abandoned Michael meeting with Questadt, he couldn't return to the island to reshoot the scene without Questadt, and left it in, hoping no one would notice.

8. I'll suggest again that Fredo may have some motivation based in sexual frustration. This is evidenced by the deleted scene (which I think is included in some versions) where he and Deanna arrive at the party, by Deanna's mocking of him at the party, and by his confession to Michael that Fredo should have married a woman like Kay. It's all reminiscent of the very opening of the novel, where Johnny [edit] has professional problems but hits rock bottom because he can neither subdue nor satisfy his movie star wife

The quarreling couple emerged from a '57 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe in that deleted scene. It was the most expensive import car sold in thr US that year. Fedo must have been doing very well int the Mickey Mouse nightclub business.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.