Extracts:
Originally Posted by mustachepete
*It's also not hard to scenario that Deanna is Fredo's primary frustration, especially when the deleted scene where they arrive at the party is considered
Originally Posted by Lana
Sure thing Pete Deanna humiliating Fredo in front of everyone that Fredo is not a real man etc. and Fredo having to admit he can't control his wife, certainly wouldn't have helped but then again! Fredo was going to be the Don after that night's shooting up of Michael's bedroom Who is real man! now
Originally Posted by mustachepete
Just a note: I don't think that Fredo's demeanor on the day of the party is that of someone who thinks he's about to take over. Especially bursting in to tell Michael that Frankie's there and sadly unburdening himself to Michael about Deanna, it just seems like he still sees Michael as his reference point
perhaps it was a twinge of conscience! that is the last time Fredo would 'sadly' see Michael alive!

Originally Posted by Lana
It seems to me, Fredo is even more cunning, devious and ruthless than Vito and Michael put together!
Vito may have picked the wrong son! for Donship
Originally Posted by Evita
And Fredo -- well -- -- Fredo was -- well -- was deemed weak and stupid to be the Don.
I too reckon, Fredo is even more cunning, devious and ruthless than Vito and Michael put together! and Vito may have picked the wrong son! for Donship
Whilst tongue in cheek....Vito may have picked the wrong son!