Originally Posted by mr_white
If Desjardins stays in the game or has no choice, it seems like his relationship now with Mirarchi is the big question. I've read on messageboards that they've had a rift and are on the outs. I dont know if thats true or where it came from...anybody know? Mirarchi had some fanboys rooting for him online awhile ago but I think there were maybe some more academic posts on him as well that traced his family lineage, his clan, etc...or maybe it was speculations or even known facts that he's Ndrangheta. So any move against Desjardins might come from him, if he's really that mad, but in the old days it would have had to go THROUGH him to touch Desjardins..if they didn't really have a falling out he could still be a dangerous, powerful ally of Desjardins in addition to HA, etc.

I don't think anyone knows his background or if he's apart of the Ndrangheta. In the trials that have taken place against Sal Scoppa's former underlings the witness described Mirarchi asa Ndrangheta member but that doesn't really prove anything. The source that Mirarchi and Desjardins had a falling out is from Andrea Scoppa in the book La Source I don't think that rumor was out before.