Originally Posted by Giacalone
I just recently finished it. It was beautifully written in many ways, the story was good and it was well structured. However, I thought it was a little overly descriptive at times and I found Chris Shiherlis to be a bit different from the impulsive man we saw in the film.

Heat is literally my all time favorite movie. My dad and I bonded more over that movie than any other movie. Also, the more I watch it, the more I appreciate how Mann showcases the city of Los Angeles in the most brilliant way. He did the same with Collateral, another Mann gem that doesn't get the respect I feel it deserves

Thanks for sharing, Giacalone. I finished the book and thought it was excellent. I also agree about Collateral, what a terrific film!

I just finished the novel GANGLAND, by Chuck Hogan (author of THE TOWN). It follows Nicholas "Nicky Pins" Passero, a member of the Chicago Outfit who reports directly (and secretly) to Outfit boss Tony Accardo. It is a fictional story that is inspired by true historical events. Excellent and quick read.

[Linked Image]

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis