Originally Posted by Evita
I'll second that!

Vito, in spite of having seen first hand what a gangster who used violence--including murder-- did to his father, brother, mother and he was even more delusional we're not murderers

I don't recall his limits, and sometimes a sense of balance and fairness.
from what I remember, it was always sign or blow their brains all over

And, no, a "good father"
1. doesn't discard his sweet and hapless son because he was not cut out for his criminal enterprise
2. doesn't throw his "never wanted this for you." son under his criminal goals bus

I reckon, the Great Mafia King neglected his blood family, leaving all sorts of needless problems behind for Michael

. Eh I don’t buy it. I agree there was obvious resentment but it wasn’t to the point that Fredo wanted to harm Mike or even take over the Family. I think he just wanted to be looked at as a capable underboss. Look I understand that the thought of Mike killing his own brother is so horrific that many people have to try and justify it as “Fredo knew it was going to be a hit or Fredo was trying to send Mike to jail”. There is no evidence to suggest that. Let’s be honest if Fredo really wanted that to happen then he would have never told Mike about the Senate lawyer. Truth is that there was no justification of killing Fredo, it was a completely evil act which Mike comes to terms with in GF3

Last edited by JCrusher; 01/22/23 01:00 PM.