Just catching up reading these and had a few notes.

Originally Posted by VitoCahill

now as far as massari becoming capo we can right off as a translation issue. massari was not going to become a capo i dont even know if MTL mafia uses this term. massari would have become more like a soldier working under scoppa. regardless its a mute point as he most likely will spend the rest of his life in jail.

When the court reporters were asked about it they said capo was the term the witness used in court. Not a translation issue. Not that that helps understand any of it.

i think after hitting the streets montagna would have had to take some time to gather a crew around him which he did. the arcuri family,giuseppe renda,antonio pietrantonio,lorenzo lo presti to name the most prominent all joined up with him. but no way that could have happened en masse april 2009. there is no evidence montagna had links into MTL at all prior to being deported. there is a reference to family he had in the MTL area but i cannot find any names to prove. montagna and his small crew did begin to extort pizzo/street tax from some businesses but by doing this began to step on the toes of others in the desjardins group.

There was plenty of evidence he had links to Montreal prior to arriving. His family has lived there off and on again over the years and it's known that Montagna served as a messenger to the Montreal before and after Gerlando Sciascia was killed. There was even recordings between Massino and Basciano discussing Montagna going to Montreal in 2005.

3rd war proper
1.mar.1 2016-lorenzo giordano
allied w/R/SF
ordered by: salvatore scoppa
committed by: jonathan massari (not shooter,driver),alleged shooter is a paid informant currently testifying in court trials.

This was carried out by Dominic Scarfo not the paid informant. It was said Scarfo was the shooter and the getaway driver was a accomplice who couldn't be named most likely Massari

Armeni and del balso have no connection that I know of for working together.
And can think of no reason why they would be at odds.
As another post stated maybe it was the nuns

If I had to put money on it I'd wager it's two separate unrelated events and Del Balso's shooting either came from the Sollecito or the bikers and I'd guess it's over debts he owes. It would explain his sudden and idiotic attempt to retrieve years old donated jewellery worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and the extortion of 5k a week.

The conflicts in MTL cannot be so easily explained as a Sicilian vs Calabrian war.
I don't even know what part of Italy del balsos family hails from.

I can't stress this enough!! Theres been those of Sicilian and Calabrese descent on both sides in all of these squabbles and the ndrangheta has never been directly linked to any of it.

I remember a a recording between Francesco and his father talking about these Calabrese involved in a legal dispute with the Cammalleri and Francesco asked his father if these Calabrese were their paesans.

Last edited by Mafia101; 01/13/23 04:08 PM.