GLASS ONION: A KNIVES OUT MYSTERY

Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) is back for another murder mystery, this one set on a private Greek island owned by billionaire Miles Bron (Edward Norton). He invites his closest group of friends which makes for another name worthy advertisement with the likes of Dave Bautista, Kate Hudson, Janelle Monae, and Kathryn Hahn. Miles' birthday is what is being celebrated and he's created a clever game for all of his guests: to determine who, how, and why he's been murdered (not literally, just for the purposes of the game). However, fiction soon turns to realty as Miles' life and that of the other guests are in danger and Blanc just so happens to be on the island to assist with uncovering the truth. I will say, this film isn't as tight, sharp, or funny as its predecessor, which in my opinion, was a high bar to reach let alone surpass. This sequel had a very DEATH ON THE NILE vibe to me (which too was inferior to its original MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS) and didn't work as well as KNIVES OUT, which was set in classic style manor. In addition, the film continues to harp on the glass onion theme and I was able to guess who the killer was about halfway through, thus in a sense, ruining the film for me when the reveal was made. Still a fun little ride and I'd watch additional sequels (Lord knows Netflix paid enough for them), so I am looking forward to a third iteration with Mr. Blanc. 6.5/10