BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER

Following the sudden passing of Chadwick Boseman, Wakanda is in mourning for their fallen king. I know many will be curious how they take the real-life tragedy of Boseman's passing and incorporate it into the film but to be honest, not much time is spent on the reasoning. All things considered, this was probably the best Marvel could do under the circumstances and it's a fitting tribute while still moving the storyline forward. Outside of that, the premise follows Americans who have discovered vibranium on the ocean floor and look to begin extracting it. This alerts Namor, the king of an underwater empire by the name of Talokan. Being a mutant and having the ability to breath underwater, on land, and the ability to fly amongst other powers, Namor is a considerably dangerous threat to the surface people (us) and Wakanda. In order to protect his people, he must kill the scientist who created the vibranium seeking machine so his world is left undisturbed. Overall, I honestly enjoyed this more than I thought I was going to heading in to see it. Tenoch Huerta absolutely crushes it as Namor and even though his origins were changed a bit, it fits well for the story. However, I will say Marvel needs to begin scaling back on these films as this has a runtime of 2 hours and 41 minutes and it showed here, especially in the third act, which was unfortunately a chaotic mess at times bouncing from fight-to-fight. 7.5/10