TERROR TRAIN (2022)

A remake of the cult classical 1980 film staring Jamie Lee Curtis, this remake is about a 95% straight, beat-for-beat duplicate. The differences were updated woke politics and diversity, adding shallow actress Robyn Alomar to take over for JLC, who couldn't hold a candle to the original scream queen, and a different spin on the killer. Besides bloodier kills, I'm honestly wondering why this was even remade in the first place? I'm sure a vast number of individuals haven't seen the original, let alone will see this as it's available only through Tubi. The first is cheesy, campy, and straight forward, which is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. The remake offers no suspense when the killer's onboard and many of the characters are without morals whom I didn't find particularly interesting enough to see if they made it out alive or not. And once again, putting a minority actresses in the lead role to simply check a box was a mistake as Alomar's performance is laughable most of the time. And if they hired based on merit and not her skin color, then they need to go back to the casting couch because I'm sure there are better actresses out there who could have strung together a better performance. 4/10