THE MUNSTERS

Rob Zombie's latest is a PG family friendly affair and big screen adaptation of the popular '60s show. Having never seen the show I can't say how faithful the film is to the original source material but I will say Zombie misses again as this is a complete bore. Zombie, not producing anything worthy in my opinion in the last 15 years (since his controversial HALLOWEEN reboot), substitutes vulgar dialogue and gratuitous violence for bad jokes and wooden performances. This must have been a passion project for Zombie as again, a PG film from him must have either been the studios idea or he went for something new. If it's the latter, I applaud his efforts for expanding his range, even though this does fail miserably. Perhaps the younger audience will enjoy it more than Zombie's traditional audience? I knew the reviews weren't very positive going into it but I still wanted to view it for my own curiosity and no, this is as bad as claimed. The only positive is I didn't have to waste my time, gas, and money at the theaters to see this garbage. Hopefully Zombie's next film will put him back on track but after only 2 hits in my opinion (HALLOWEEN & THE DEVIL'S REJECTS), he no longer is receiving the benefit of the doubt from me. 3/10