all of the murders in MTL are NOT related to one single ongoing war...despite the length of this thread.

there have been several overlapping but separate feuds/wars ongoing since 2004 arrest of VITO RIZZUTO.

many of which i have or others have explained in detail on this and other threads on this forum. many of the murders have nothing to do with the dominant wars against the RIZZUTOS. i can go into further detail on this but may take a bit to get all my facts straight.

to the other question about a capable leader up north its possible that person is in place currently. despite the near constant daily gun violence in MTL area very little of it since the murder of the scoppa bros and more importantly andrew scoppa has anything to do with the MAFIA. the majority of these shootings and murders are being committed by street gang members over drug turf,on line rapping feuds and some inter gang fighting. there has been attempts by the police to contact both the MAFIA and HA leaders to stem the violence. however why would the OC leaders in MTL get caught meeting with these low level gangbangers? it could be a trap by police to show links between all these groups or the police belief that these leaders even have the ability to control seemingly un controllable gangs.

i think that LEONARDO RIZZUTO and STEFANO SOLLECITO still hold sway amongst the MAFIA in MTL.

murders/attempts jan.1 2020-
piero arena-murder sept.7 2021,attempt july.22 2021.
davide barberio-attempt sept.21 2021
serafino oliverio-attempt nov.10 2021

there may be other attempts or murders of MAFIA leaders since scoppas murder but i cant find them.
there is a much longer list of murders since oct 2019 but i dont think there is clear evidence yet if any of them are directly related to the MAFIA.