https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/...mysterieuse-la-veille-des-evenements.php

Last Friday, Valeriy Tarasenko, a businessman who immigrated from Russia in 2008, was shot and injured during an argument in the parking lot of the Estérel complex, in the Laurentians. The police quickly arrested a former gang leader close to the criminal bikers, Richard Goodridge, in connection with the case. But they released him without charges over the weekend. According to our information, investigators suspect that Tarasenko may have injured himself with his weapon during an argument between the two men.

What was the purpose of the meeting in Estérel? Part of the answer could be found in a video shot the day before in Blainville.
It was Thursday, October 6. Yury Manakhov, a former Soviet ship captain, was celebrating his 76th birthday with his loved ones at his luxurious residence. Mr. Goodridge, wearing a shirt showing his support for the Hells Angels marked with the number 81 (for HA, the eighth and first letter of the alphabet), rang the doorbell. He hadn't been invited to the party. Yury Manakhov had never seen him in his life.
" Good morning, how are you doing ? My name is Richard. I want to talk to you for a moment. Happy birthday,” he begins.
“I would like to tell you about Anna. Anna, your daughter-in-law. Honestly, I'm one of his very good friends, ”continues the former gang leader on the video.

Yury Manakhov had no desire to hear about Anna Tarasenko, his adopted daughter.
Eye on his fortune

Many judgments of Quebec courts tell how, for almost 10 years, Anna Tarasenko and her husband Valeriy Tarasenko had tried to appropriate Mr. Manakhov's fortune, lying in court and repeatedly fabricating false documents. There was a lot of money at stake.
A 2019 Superior Court decision recounts the remarkable rise of Yury Manakhov, who left his native village in the USSR in 1964 at the age of 18, after growing up in a very poor environment.
“He settled in Kamchatka, a peninsula with a harsh climate located in the Russian Far East facing Alaska, and whose main sectors of activity revolve around shipyards and fishing. The plaintiff became a ship's captain, co-founded in 1991 Kamline, a company working in the fishing, transport and refrigeration industries, held 66% of the shares, and made a fortune, ”sums up Judge Guylène Beaugé in her judgment.

Kamline says today catches 155,000 tons of fish a year off the coast of Russia. Mr. Manakhov, who sold his shares in 2006, settled in Quebec, where his adopted daughter Anna Tarasenko was already with her spouse, Valeriy Tarasenko.
Mr. Manakhov has previously testified in court that he provided hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to his adopted daughter, but that their relationship then deteriorated due to his over-demanding for money and his attempt to s to appropriate a residence and two parking spaces from his parents in Moscow, worth $1 million.
Mr. Manakhov said he was cheated out of hundreds of thousands of dollars by his daughter, who was “under the negative influence of her husband, Valeriy Tarasenko”.

“As far as I know, Valeriy has never worked and he is involved in activities that are not clear,” Mr. Manakhov testified.