DON'T WORRY DARLING

Set in a California desert during the 1950s, Frank (Chris Pine) creates an experimental community with the Victory Project. The audience, as well as the women in the film, know very little about the Victory Project; whereas the men know all about it. In traditional roles, the men work while the women take care of the home. Some of the women claim they don't even know how to drive but still make it into town via the local trolley. The story follows Alice (Florence Pugh) and Jack Chambers (Harry Styles), a young married couple who are mad for each other. Everything is going splendidly until one day while riding the trolley, Alice sees a plane crash down behind a mountain. With an unwillingly bus driver who refuses to drive her over to the crash site, Alice decides to investigate to see if anyone is injured or alive. In doing so, she soon learns there is something sinister behind this all-too-perfect community. This is the best I've seen Chris Pine as he is delightful as Frank, who's treated by the others as almost a godlike figure for inviting them into his community. He's the epitome of debonair: cool, calm, sophisticated, and intelligent. Pugh and Styles chemistry onscreen is steamy at times and adorable at others. I had some of the ending figured out going in to this movie but not completely, so I was still pleasantly surprised by it. The world created here is incredibly authentic and detailed, so major props to the set designers and style department. The trailers quite intrigued me so I went in to this with moderately high expectations and for the most part, it delivered. Much has been made in the press about the behind-the-scenes drama but at least the work didn't suffer. Looking forward to another viewing. 7/10