from 2004-2006...a period after V.R's arrest and up to the nov 2006 project colisee arrests the rizzutos were led on the street by francesco arcadi...think of him as the street boss and Nick Sr. as boss standing in for his son.
the main feud was between arcadi in particular and the d'amico family from granby, an italian group mostly involved at the time in large scale cannabis export to the U.S. members of arcadi's crew, nicola varacalli in particular worked in concert with this group. at some point a debt of between 800 000 and a million was incurred by the arcadi crew over the cannabis export. the d'amico's allied w/ sergio piccirilli and some of his associates wanted the money back. a series of kidnappings took place varacalli being one of them. that is one feud.
in the same time period desjardins is released from jail one of his longtime associates giovanni bertolo is murdered w/ approval of arcadi in 2005.
some of arcadis men also come into conflict with the 67's street gang unrelated to crime activity. mike lapolla a low level associate is murdered in march 2005 over an incident at a nightclub. i mention this because it shows a breakdown in authority and respect for the rizzutos power or lack thereof that members of a black street gang can murder one of there associates with no fear of revenge.

after the nov 2006 arrests there comes a total break up of any functioning admin for the rizzutos and the once united family splits into different warring factions.
nov 2006-dec 2011
1.the rizzuto faction
vs.
D-D-D alliance
2.the desjardins/dimaulo faction
3.the devito faction

the desjardins/dimaulo/devito alliance is the major group targeting the rizzutos and there allies from 2006 up until the dec 2011 arrests of desjardins mirarchi et al for the murder of salvatore montagna.

apr 2009-nov 2011
the montagna faction
after deportation from ny to canada in april 2009 montagna slowly begins to assert his presumed authority in montreal. Nick Rizzuto Sr. and those still allied with the rizzuto family do not accept any claim by montagna to leadership of the rizzutos. (this is another glaring example of the rizzutos now 10 year + independence from the bonannos,montagna was up until 2009 the acting boss in ny of the family.)
montagna allies himself with the arcuri family domenico sr and jr and antonio,antonio pietrantonio,lorenzo lopresti and moreno gallo and begins trying to extort and collect pizzo or street tax from business' in montreal and allies with the D-D-D to control montreal.

this alliance will eventually also fall apart as desjardins/dimaulo do not recognize montagna either and it seems only a matter of time before one kills the other.
for some on this site i realize this scenario seems backwards that a french canadian wouldn't back down to a former AB of the bonannos. we could take this as glaring point #2 of what the underworld in montreal in general thought of montagna and the bonannos after the ongoing implosion of that family from the time of massinos cooperation with the feds and bascianos terrible short term as boss/acting boss and the seemingly endless list of rats.

in nov 2011 montagna is murdered by associates of desjardins and his close associate and alleged 'ndrangheta member vittorio mirarchi.
there has been no known retaliation by the bonannos for montagnas murder.

there is a seemingly endless thread about all of this but i realize it is 120 pages and growing alot to peruse for sure.
more ? ? i will try my best to answer but perhaps on a thread related to the montreal/rizzutos so as to not hijack this one.