Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Originally Posted by Moscone65
They had a few guys around them, not many maybe about a dozen left that didn’t take off from what I heard, only 4-5 were serious associates, so I guess they figured they would be killed soon too if they tried any retaliation. That’s what I heard anyways

Canada is such a mystery how could the 2 brothers and a few associates have any sort of real power in the region?

I might have to break down and read a book or two to begin to have an understanding of what is going o up North.

Thats why many of these Canadian based crews became affiliated with traditional Cosa Nostra Families from across the border in the USA like the Buffalo and Bonanno Families. These outfits like the Musitano, etc., were Calabrian N'drangheta members who operated small "cells" of members, clans, whose central "command" for the most part was back in Calabria. So in North America they went "under" the auspices of larger established Mafia families like the Magaddino's.

The Musitano's drew their "original" power from their father Dominick who was closely tied to the N'drangheta back in Italy. Giacomo Luppino was similar to Musitano (although I firmly believe Luppino was on a much higher level than Musitano, Papalia, and others).

After the fathers death the boys (his sons) were never as powerful IMO.

It makes sense
That is why Musitano has not been touched all these years.
He had the backing of the Rizzutto's
I read that they had an associate Reiniere that was on the ground locally

I also read that Reiniere worked for Fernandez, he got killed, and then Reinierre was murdered
Than Vito Rizzutto died
The Rizzutto family was decimated the last thing they probably cared about was Hamilton area.

That left the Musitano's out on there own
In a way they never dreamed of.

If they were smart which they were NOT.
They would have closed up shop, and moved to where ever I read they have a ton of Real-Estate.

Most on here this prob old news.
I am a little late to the ball game
Sorry, about that but the thread is 8 pages too many comments to read through.

The N'drangheta Cell structure seems like a better structure in todays day and age.
Cell is really a small crew

If someone in that cell goes bad they can only hurt a few people at worst
And if the cells were family related

Not going to happen that often.