Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Albanians, Southern Italians and Greeks have many genetic and even cultural similarities, despite of course the prevalent Ottoman influence on Albanian culture. Generally I've seen Italians and Albanians to get along quite well and with the Italian criminal organizations being the number one players in European organized crime and Albanian criminal organizations being big players as well it's not strange that these factions would find each other. After all, in European organized crime there's not much of an ethnic war going on and almost all underworld hits are a direct result of internal feuds.

As far as Italian and Albanian crime groups being at odds in NYC...I don't really read a lot about this. Last time something like that seem to happen is when the Rudaj group ran wild, but those were more like former LCN associates who decided to go rogue.

You are correct TKJ. I largely agree with your assessment. (but there have been several other "undocumented" incidents I'm familiar with as far as conflicts between the groups in NYC. Some of these guys don't like each other).