I think that any family that has active ties or factions connected to Sicily or any part of Italy, will be able to survive long term.
For the ones that do not they will probably be absorbed into families that do.

I.E.

The Gambino families Colombo Crew.

The Bonanno families New England Crew.

The WestSide families Philadelphia Crew and Luke Crew.

I dont think the current recruitment pool in America can support replenishing of the ranks long term.

The only Anomaly to the equation is the WestSide, they just did so many things right, I think they actually continued to groom their guys to take key positions, groomed their recruits before they made them, invested wisely so alot of their members have accumulated wealth,

This is who I thin survives and why:

1) Gambino- they are international Sicilians are running the family.
2) Westside- as I discussed up above.
3) Bonanno- need stable leadership however, have a strong ZIP faction.
4) Detroit- similiar to the Westside however, they have a Sicilian faction and a Canada Crew, so they did everything right, brought in their children and nephews/cousins, its a family affair.
5) Chicago- I dont think anyone knows what their plans were or if there was/is a plan in place to keep the family going for future generations, it seems whatever they planned they planned well.
6) Buffalo- Buffalo controls that Canada/America border to get drugs across and what they have going on in Canada, so a crew in Buffalo and a couple of crews in Canada.

This is my opinion I know alot of you will not agree however, I gave my reasons.

Where will the new blood come from for the Colombo's? Who is going to lead them? Teddy Persico?

The Luke's other than them doing something like Massino did where he pushed current members into bringing in their blood, there are no more American farm teams, no more Bath Ave Boys, Bay Parkway Boys etc...

So when they get small enough they will become like a branch of a bigger family.
Like the Decavs, and they actually have a Sicilian faction, they needed to be absorbed by the Gambino family, they needed their backing.

So the rest of the families will be "GLORIFIED CREWS" like the DeCavs.