BODIES BODIES BODIES

Set in a New York mansion reminiscent of Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, 5 rich friends and their current flings host a hurricane party. The home belongs to David's (Pete Davidson) parents so he takes charge and is a druggie, verbally abusive boyfriend to Emma (Chase Sui Wonders). Rounding out the rest of the cast are gay lovers Bee (Maria Bakalova - who is unknown to the group) and Sophie (Amandla Stenberg - a recovering addict), Alice (Rachel Sennott - a no filter blabbermouth) and Greg (Lee Pace - her fling), and solo Jordan (Myha'la Herrold). When the weather starts to turn, they huddle inside to start their Bodies Bodies Bodies game. A live-action game where 1 individual draws an X card and is considered the killer. However, the film soon turns to real life consequences as the party members begin showing up dead and the rest of the party are left to uncover who the killer is. A woke film that actually pokes fun at the stereotypes of the current generation (which is a breath of fresh air from Hollywood), and is not heavy handed or preachy in their message. At times a funny and curious who-dunnit film that has a very surprise ending. Not a genre-shifting film as SCREAM (1996) but an enjoyable and original twist. The star for me was Rachel Sennott as her range was enjoyable from start to finish. Overall this film may not appeal to everyone but I enjoyed the ride, even if at times I was frustrated with who the killer ultimately was until the big reveal. 6.5/10