Power wise absolutely. Lansky was second to none but Lansky's crew was all jews. He had his guys from cleveland and detroit running his las vegas interests. Plus his south florida operation in the 70's created a jewish mafia, controlling all of Hollandale down to miami. Burke literally was doing hits at 16 for the mafia and in his early 20s was already a street legend. The mob bosses were all his age and grew up idolizing burke, they didn't get made till they were 30. By 30 years old burke spent half his lifae robbing and kiilling. Burke was one of the best earners and most feared criminals aever. He controlled so much by himself in an underworld dominated by familieaa. The mafia controlled the politicians and judges in N.Y but not the police. A
If the mob had any law enforcement issues they had to call burke. All the cities irish cops loved jimmy, he was a celebrity they wanted to be able to say they knew him. When burke would stop by hells kitchen for drinks with the irish boys they would be in awe of him. In a city run by 5 seperate mafia families with thousands of killers, burke the big irishman did what ever he wanted when he wanted. In a interview henry hill was asked as far as vario and burke, who was above who. He said, Neither, they were both bosses, equal. Only difference is, burke controlled ever irish mobster in the city and had a godfather position given to him. Burke obviously never used or abused that privilege and kept to his own crew. Now ill back that up, burke was one of my uncles best friends. Its known my uncle saved vario's ass many times, burke didn't need help lol. You would need help if you got a beef with burke. I never heard my uncle speak about anyone ever with such respect. My uncle said Burke could be broke and fresh out of jail and would not borrow money. Up or down he was always the same person. He dont need anyones money, he will get it on his own. Just like he didn't need an irish mob behind him, he would kill you himself.

Last edited by jackdempsey1930; 08/04/22 06:28 AM.