Originally Posted by Irishman12
DUAL (2022)

Karen Gillan stars as Sarah, a woman in her mid-20's who's recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness. With a 98% chance of death (the other 2% being a margin of error), Sarah decides to clone or duplicate herself so her family and friends can still live on with her. Although, 10 months later, after the duplicate has spent time with Sarah and is ready to live her own life, the original Sarah learns to her and her doctors surprise, she's somehow and miraculously in remission. No longer in need of her duplicate since she will in fact survive, Sarah begins the process of having her duplicate decommissioned. However, the duplicate under legal protection, petitions for a stay. A stay asks the court that her life be accepted as just as valid to live as the original Sarah's. The only legal resolution is by engaging in a dual to the death between the original Sarah and her duplicate. Once the wheels for this are in motion, both Sarah's have a year to train before their showdown. Gillan does a great job playing both roles of Sarah and the script is well written as a delicious dark-comedy. Aaron Paul stars in a minor supporting role as Trent, the original Sarah's combat trainer. A film that didn't receive a big marketing push or a lot of attention upon it's release but is a gem worth checking out. 7/10

We just saw this over the weekend…gave it a 3 out of 5 which i believe would be a 6.5 out of a 10 scale.

I really enjoyed it other than the end not really showing actual duel of Sarah and her double. I understand we were to figure out all the details of who was who at the end and other times ( dance training) even Aron Paul was tricked….that was the dupe teaching him dance. Sarah never took dance, the Dupe did.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.