Back in 2018, in the Louis’ Restaurant thread, there was some discussion among Michael_Giovanni, olivant and myself about just where the Luna Restaurant was located in the deleted scene in GF1 with Clemenza. This scene was added, years ago, to the re-edited, expanded network TV version The Godfather - A Novel for Television, and has been included as a “extra” in the DVD release. It can also be found (with the other deleted scenes) on YouTube:

The Godfather Trilogy - All Deleted Scenes (The scene in question starts at 29:12.)

After doing a bit of digging, I believe I finally have the conclusive answers. "Walter" (I mentioned him in the other thread) was absolutely right.

Due to the ever-changing nature of the Internet and its various websites, I am posting all photos from my files (so they won't eventually disappear!) and I am breaking this down over several posts.

First off – a photo of Clemenza (below) clearly shows him at the Luna Restaurant. This was, indeed, the location used in GF1. It was located for many years at 112 Mulberry Street, in NYC’s Little Italy. Also below are three other later photos, and you can clearly see that the neon sign in the window close-up matches exactly the neon sign in the Clemenza photo.

Attached Files Clemenza_2.jpgLuna_3.jpgLuna_2.jpgLuna_1.jpg

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."