The harder I look at this case, the more I like Roy DeMeo for the murder. Roy DeMeo, Frank DeCicco and Sammy Gravano were involved in an auto theft ring. In April 1980 the Empire Boulevard Auto theft operation was raided by Newark FBI, 6 months later Calabro, who was part of the NYPD Auto Theft Unit in Flushing, Queens, was murdered in Saddlebrook, N.J. on the way home in a snowstorm. There were 3 investigations into his murder, one by the NYPD IA Division which went to a Brooklyn Grand Jury which failed to return an indictment after looking at Calabro's in laws, the Gentile family whose 2 sons had made threats against Calabro and swore to go to Gravano for revenge. The second investigation was by the Bergen County prosecutor who tried to obtain a search warrant for the Gentile home but was denied by the Brooklyn D.A. The third investigation was after Kuklinski confessed to the murder and implicated Gravano in 2003, apparently Kuklinski provided details previously known only to authorities and was able to convince prosecutors of his guilt but died before he could testify against Gravano.
My premise is that the Gentile family went to Gravano for revenge on the Carmella Gentile Calabro murder in 1977. Calabro was on Roy's payroll for $600 a week, Gravano and DeCicco knew this and after the Empire Boulevard Operation was raided were put on notice by Castellano to be prepared to tie up potential loose ends. After the Gentile family came to Gravano, Calabro's fate was sealed and Gravano gave the hit to Roy as Calabro's handler. Roy summoned Calabro to a meeting by his house in Jersey and ambushed Calabro as he was pulling up, with a shotgun.
Any thoughts on this scenario and if anyone has additional information, I would appreciate their input.

Attached Files CompressJPEG.online_200kb_166016.jpgScreenshot_20220522-210322_Chrome.jpgCompressJPEG.online_200kb_195714.jpg
Last edited by CNote; 05/25/22 11:32 AM.