Rome "province" of Sinopoli: the genesis
by Giuseppe Lo Re - May 12, 2022
The arrival from Calabria and the legitimacy of the place: "Thank you for the honor you have given me". Interconnection with the parent company but spaces of operational autonomy: "I want serious Christians"
'Ndrangheta, Reggio, Chronicle

"When we were there I told him ... I thank you ... I thank you for the honor you have given me." Speaking, intercepted, is Antonio Carzo who tells the moment of the "turning point" , the one in which he would have been authorized to set up a club in Rome with the approval of the "parent company" in Calabria. It is the so-called "offshoot" at the center of the double investigation by the DDA of Reggio and Rome which resulted on Tuesday in 77 arrests, of which 34 in the province of Reggio, to hit the 'ndrina Alvaro di Sinopoli and Cosoleto.

At the top of the Capitoline were precisely Antonio Carzo, son of Domenico called "scarpacotta", and Vincenzo Alvaro, son of Nicola called "u beccausu" . Under the spotlight of the investigators, an overall and ambitious plan for an important criminal expansion on Rome with an "autonomous path": from the control of commercial activities to the classic extortion, according to the most classic collection of rituals and affiliations.

"We are here, look how beautiful we are here" Antonio Carzo says that, although he had never been to Rome before 2014, he would have been able to obtain from "Crime" what the 'Ndranghetisti who have lived in the capital for many years had never been able to achieve. According to the investigators, "a territorial articulation of the clan was created in the capital", but with a distinction: "We do our own thing", explains Carzo, also making an explicit parallel with what happened in Ostia: "Like us here or there ... how the Spadas do their cocks, or not? ». And on the other hand, "you have opened a nice place ... you have a place here .." recognizes an interlocutor who is also investigated. In this case, we are talking about Francesco Greco, who provides a very clear key to understanding the diarchy with Vincenzo Alvaro: «Then you came thanks be to God ... the world is big ... it's bigger ...

The scenario would be quite clear: constant connection with "down there", respect for the rules and jurisdictional capacity with a lot of "court of 'Ndrangheta", but operational autonomy. Even in the choice of men. Because yes, we need to be inclusive "like the water in the fountain" towards those Calabrians who had been residing in Rome for several years and who belonged to historic 'Ndrangheta families, involving them in some way in the new venue, but on condition that they are "Serious Christians". To clarify this, always intercepted, it is still Carzo when he stiffens, not accepting external influences: «Last time Christians came to me from below. "But why didn't they come? No one who thinks that they have to come with me because the others send them ... They have to come to me because they want us others ... because they want them,

Read the full article on the printed edition of Gazzetta del Sud - Reggio Calabria

"The king is dead, long live the king!"