Originally Posted by Evita
Three territories promise is so confusing

I too reckon Roth didn't order Pentangeli's murder also it looks bad for him that his partner tried to kill Michael's partner when he went to make the deal, at his request

What was Roth's connection from Miami with the Rosatos in New York?
He always kept a low profile and got away with it 300 million of it before shooting up the Don's bedroom

I've posted many times that Michael was slippin' because he didn't suspect Roth's motives: Why would Roth, who lived in Miami and had business interests in Havana and Nevada, interest himself in a two-bit beef over three territories in the Bronx?

No, Roth didn't order the Rosatos to kill Pentangeli--he didn't have to. The key is the phone call Johnny Ola made to Fredo: "We [emphasis added] need some more information. Is Pentangeli coming alone [to the meeting with the Rosatos] or is he gonna bring his boys?' I'm guessing that, after Michael visited him in Miami, Roth contacted the Rosatos and told them, "Michael Corleone still supports me, and our deal. He's meeting me in Havana very soon. By the way, the last thing he said to me was, 'Frank Pentangeli is a dead man.'" That would have been taken by the Rosatos as a green light to whack Pentangeli while Michael was away and couldn't do anything about it.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.